from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unkempt; slovenly: frowzy clothes; a frowzy professor.
- adj. Having an unpleasant smell; musty: a frowzy pantry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of frowsy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Slovenly; unkempt; untidy; frouzy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a state of disorder; offensive to the eye; slovenly; soiled; dingy; unkempt; dirty: said especially of the dress or the hair.
- Musty; rank; frowy.
- Froward; peevish; surly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. negligent of neatness especially in dress and person; habitually dirty and unkempt
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)