from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mass or coating of fine, light fibers, hairs, or particles; down: the fuzz on a peach.
- transitive v. To cover with fine, light fibers, hairs, or particles.
- transitive v. To make blurred or indistinct: fuzzing the difference between the two candidates; worked quickly to fuzz up the details of the scandal.
- intransitive v. To become blurred or obscure.
- n. Slang The police.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A frizzy mass of hair or fibre.
- n. A blurred image.
- n. The random data used in fuzz testing.
- v. Make fuzzy.
- v. Become fuzzy.
- n. The police.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Fine, light particles or fibers; loose, volatile matter.
- intransitive v. To fly off in minute particles.
- transitive v. To make drunk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To fly off in minute particles.
- To intoxicate; fuddle; fuzzle.
- n. Fine downy particles, as on the surface of some fruits, as the peach; loose fibers, as on the surface of cloth, or separated from it by friction; loose volatile matter.
- n. A puffball; a fuzzball.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- n. a hazy or indistinct representation
- n. filamentous hairlike growth on a plant
- n. the first beard of an adolescent boy
What the fuzz is all about the man himself said he didnt deserved it.
I strongly recommend everyone to go and read the complete series so you can understand what the fuzz is all about.
Given all the resources that hes got plus Ridley as a mentor, I think all fuzz is overated.
The S pitch of a fuzz is posted outside, only across a building signifying which this was his handiwork.
That little dark bit that looks like left-over fuzz is actually a bit of string wound on and glued down.
This particular bundle of fuzz is so ludicrously charming that he managed to draw a crowd out in the parking lot where we met for the exchange.
Howard doesn't know the gig's a phony, and either calls the fuzz or doesn't call the fuzz.
UG's resident aussie / leb maybe try the moen fuzz. good price for a decent pedal. just looked it up and its called the fuzz moo. when you go back to the store, plug in a big muff and turn the tone knob all the way to the right and see if it doesn't fit the bill.
It looks like the white fuzz is going to take out the rest of the world that’s left.
April 9th, 2010 at 9: 28 pm tombaker says: fuzz is a-political. that’s why he’s always here.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.