from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A shallow depression in a bone, especially in the scapula.
- adj. Of or pertaining to this depression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form of a smooth and shallow depression; socketlike; -- applied to several articular surfaces of bone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Shallow or slightly cupped: specifically applied in anatomy to two articular cavities or fossæ, of the scapula and of the temporal bone respectively.
- Having a glenoid fossa: as, the glenoid border of the scapula.
- n. A glenoid fossa, as of the temporal bone or of the scapula; a glene.
Sorry, no etymologies found.