from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who carves or engraves.
- n. See burin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a burin
- n. a carver or engraver
- adj. comparative form of grave: more grave
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who graves; an engraver or a sculptor; one whose occupation is te cut letters or figures in stone or other hard material.
- n. An ergraving or cutting tool; a burin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who carves or engraves; one whose profession it is to cut letters or figures in metal, stone, or other hard material: formerly applied also to a sculptor.
- n. A tool used for engraving; a burin; also, a sculptors' chisel.
- n. An instrument used for turning iron after it has been roughed out by the heel-tool.—
- n. A shaver, a tool wherewith “bowyers use to shave bows.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tool used by an engraver
Sorry, no etymologies found.