from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of groove.
- n. A groove; a long indentation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of forming a groove or grooves; a groove, or collection of grooves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A system of grooves; the act or method of making grooves, or of providing with grooves.
- n. The forming of grooves in boilers at places where very rapid deterioration of the metal takes place, particularly at the laps of the riveted joints.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cutting of spiral grooves on the inside of the barrel of a firearm
Sorry, no etymologies found.