from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Rabbits and hares
- n. Hand-to-hand combat in which both fighters are on the ground, or skill in such combat
- n. Putting; hitting the ball along the ground
- n. Running with the ball, rather than passing
- n. Local political organization
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. hares, rabbits, etc., as distinguished from winged game.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Hares, rabbits, and other running game, as distinguished from flying game, as pheasants, grouse, partridges, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.