from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A frame or structure upon which a gun is mounted for firing or maneuvering.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A metal frame on which a piece of ordnance is mounted for firing or transportation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the carriage on which a gun is mounted or moved.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The carriage or structure on which a gun is mounted or moved, and on which it is fired.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a framework on which a gun is mounted for firing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.