from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the armed forces who operates a gun.
- n. A warrant officer in the U.S. Marine Corps having charge of ordnance.
- n. Chiefly British An artillery soldier, especially a private.
- n. One who hunts with a gun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Artillery soldier, or such who holds private rank. Abbreviated Gnr.
- n. A person who operates a gun.
- n. An excessive go-getter; one exhibiting over-ambition.
- n. A player on the kicking side whose primary job is to tackle the kickoff returner or punt returner.
- n. A fan of the Arsenal Football Club.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who works a gun or cannon, whether on land, sea, or in the air; a cannoneer.
- n. A warrant officer in the navy having charge of the ordnance on a vessel.
- n. The great northern diver or loon. See Loon.
- n. The sea bream.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who discharged a gun of the catapult kind. See gun, n.
- n. One skilled in the use of guns or cannon; one who works a gun, either on land or at sea; a cannoneer.
- n. A warrant-officer in the navy appointed to take charge of all the ordnance, ordnance-stores, and ammunition on board ship.
- n. One who uses firearms; especially, one who practises the art of shooting game.
- n. The loon or great northern diver.
- n. The sea-bream, Pagellus centrodontus. —
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a serviceman in the artillery
Middle English gun + -er (Wiktionary)