from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Nicked or notched; jagged.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Jagged or rough.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rough or broken, as if hacked.
- adj. Having fine, short, and sharp points on the surface.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rough; broken as if hacked; mangled by chopping or cutting.
- In mineralogy, having fine, short, and sharp points on the surface: as, a hackly fracture.
From hackle2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)