from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The intermission between halves in games of certain sports, such as basketball and football.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of half time.
- n. The halftime show, the primary "light" entertainment of a game, after the second quarter when players can physically recover, coaches can berate players with a pep talk, bets can be doubled, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. half the ordinary time for work or attendance; as, the half-time system.
- n. an intermission between the first and second half of a game, especially a football game. Also used attributively, as the halftime entertainment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. for less than the standard number of hours
- adj. involving half the standard or customary time for an activity
- n. an intermission between the first and second half of a game
Sorry, no etymologies found.