from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Alternative spelling of hallelujah.
- n. Alternative spelling of hallelujah.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Praise ye Jehovah; praise ye the Lord; -- an exclamation used chiefly in songs of praise or thanksgiving to God, and as an expression of gratitude or adoration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Praise ye the Lord: a word used in songs of praise or pious rejoicing, or in solemn ascriptions of thanksgiving to God.
- Specifically, a musical composition wholly or principally based upon the word halleluiah: as, the Halleluiah (chorus) in Handel's “Messiah” or in Beethoven's “Mount of Olives.”
- n. See halleluiah, interj.
- n. In botany, same as alleluia, 2.
Sorry, no etymologies found.