from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Compact enough to be used or operated while being held in the hand or hands: a hand-held video camera.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Held in one or both hands.
- adj. Small and light enough to be operated while held in one or both hands.
- n. A personal digital assistant or video game console that is small enough to be held in the hands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. small and light enough to be operated while you hold it in your hands
(see hand) + held (Wiktionary)