from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small bell designed to be rung by hand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a small bell rung by the hand; a table bell.
- n. a bell that is held in the hand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small bell rung by the hand, as distinguished from one rung by some mechanical means, as a bell-rope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bell that is held in the hand
Sorry, no etymologies found.