from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Work done by hand rather than by machine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Work done by the hands, as opposed to by machine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. work done with the hands, as distinguished from work done by a machine; handiwork.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Work done by hand, as distinguished from that done by machinery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a work produced by hand labor
hand + work (Wiktionary)