Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a heart of a specified kind: generally used in figurative senses, and in composition: as, hardhearted, faint-hearted, etc.
- Taken to heart; laid up or seated in the heart.
- Composed of hearts.
- Having the shape of a heart; cordate.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of heart.
- adj. in combination Having, or shaped like, a specified form of heart.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having a heart; having (such) a heart (regarded as the seat of the affections, disposition, or character).
- adj. rare Shaped like a heart; cordate.
- adj. Seated or laid up in the heart.
“If his being good-hearted allows the abuse of millions of Americans, how good-hearted is he, really?”
“If he sees her from afar, he will see her broken hearted from a distance. it would be almost like the character is dead …”
“I'm not sure if light-hearted is the right word for a story that includes cannibalism, forced prostitution, involuntary amputation, and starvation.”
“Trying to end a war by calling on everyone to be cooperative, decent and good-hearted is like appealing to the humane instincts of Mafia capi.”
“That tradition, itself part of the European tradition, a tradition old and grey-haired, perhaps, and certainly restrained and reticent, yet for all that still fiery-hearted, is a compound of the greatest religious urge which the world has seen, that of Judah, and the greatest artistic urge which the world has seen, that of Greece.”
“They began by his being happy and light-hearted, that is, he was”
“I am afraid, little sister mine, you are either a very great hypocrite, or very cold-hearted, which is it, dearest”
“This is addressed to the stout-hearted, that is, either, (1.)”
“If I come off as cold-hearted, that is because I know you can't get things done by tip-toeing around a person's feelings.”
“Qore tracked down the man behind one of the most "hearted" levels - The Azure Palace - to learn how it was done.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hearted’.
verbs Adj Adv noun
Looking for tweets for hearted.