from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of heart.
- adj. Having, or shaped like, a specified form of heart.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a heart; having (such) a heart (regarded as the seat of the affections, disposition, or character).
- adj. Shaped like a heart; cordate.
- adj. Seated or laid up in the heart.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a heart of a specified kind: generally used in figurative senses, and in composition: as, hardhearted, faint-hearted, etc.
- Taken to heart; laid up or seated in the heart.
- Composed of hearts.
- Having the shape of a heart; cordate.
Sorry, no etymologies found.