from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A twin crystal having a hemitropal structure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Half turned round; half inverted; (Crystallog.) having a twinned structure.
- n. That which is hemitropal in construction; (Crystallog.) a twin crystal having a hemitropal structure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Half-turned: specifically applied in mineralogy to a compound or twin crystal which has two similar parts or halves, one of which is turned half round upon the other.
- n. Anything that is hemitropous in structure.
- n. A twin crystal.
Sorry, no etymologies found.