from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In utter disorder or confusion: "There is something delightfully and liberatingly ludicrous about parading higgledy-piggledy in a line of walkers of all shapes and sizes” ( Christa Worthington).
- adj. Topsy-turvy; jumbled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In utter disorder or confusion; mixed up.
- adv. In a confused, disordered, or random way.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In confusion; topsy-turvy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In confusion; in a disorderly manner; topsy-turvy.
- Confused; tumbled; disorderly.
- n. Confusion; disorder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a disordered manner
- adj. in utter disorder
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)