from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having importance in or influence on history.
- adj. Historical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having importance or significance in history
- adj. belonging to the past; historical (see note below)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to history, or the record of past events
- adj. having once lived, existed, or taken place in the real world; -- contrasted with
- adj. Belonging to the past; ; a historical character.
- adj. Within the period of time recorded in written documents. Opposite of
- adj. Same as diachronic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to history or historians; containing or conveying history.
- Noted or famous in history.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. important in history
- adj. belonging to the past; of what is important or famous in the past
Sorry, no etymologies found.