from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Gay or lesbian.
- adj. Actively concerned with the rights of gay men or lesbians.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Homosexual, gay or lesbian, having a sexual or romantic preference for persons of one's own gender; used to emphasize love over sex.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the “homophile movement”, a gay activist movement that used this term in English.
- n. A homosexual, a gay man or lesbian, one who has a sexual or romantic preference for persons of one's own gender; used to emphasize love over sex.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex
- adj. homosexual or arousing homosexual desires
From homo- + -phile. (Wiktionary)