from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that hums.
- n. Informal A hummingbird.
- n. Baseball A fastball.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. fellatio in which the person performing the act vibrates their mouth by humming.
- n. humvee
- n. hummingbird
- n. humdinger
- n. A fastball.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, hums; one who applauds by humming.
- n. A humming bird.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which hums.
- n. One who or that which excels in any quality, especially in general energy or speed.
- n. In ornithology, a humming-bird.
- n. A calling device employed in telephony in place of the magnetic call-bell; a buzzer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity
- n. a singer who produces a tune without opening the lips or forming words
Sorry, no etymologies found.