from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A hardened wax pencil, very similar to a China Marker. However, they are water-soluble and markings are erasable with a damp cloth, so they do not last as long. They are great for writing on china, glass, metal or plastic. Most are paper wrapped requiring no sharpening just peel the tear-string to reveal more marker.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.