from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A boatlike vehicle set on sharp runners, used for sailing on ice.
- n. See icebreaker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ice yacht.
- n. An icebreaker; a ship that breaks through ice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A strong steamboat for breaking a channel through ice.
- n. A ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation; an icebreaker.
- n. a sailing craft with runners and a cross-shaped frame; suitable for traveling over ice; it is usually propelled by a sail, and sometimes by an engine-powered propeller.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A strong boat, propelled by steam, used to break a channel through ice.
- n. A triangular or boat-shaped frame mounted on runners, and fitted with a mast, sails, etc., for sailing on ice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sailing vessel with runners and a cross-shaped frame; suitable for traveling over ice
- n. a ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation
Sorry, no etymologies found.