from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The result of being impaired; a deterioration or weakening; a disability or handicap; an inefficient part or factor.
- n. A downward revaluation, a write-down.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state, act, or process of being impaired; injury.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of impairing, or the state of being impaired; diminution; decrease; injury.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of making something futile and useless (as by routine)
- n. a symptom of reduced quality or strength
- n. the occurrence of a change for the worse
- n. the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness
- n. damage that results in a reduction of strength or quality
impair + -ment (Wiktionary)