from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. United into one body; combined.
- adj. Formed into or organized and maintained as a legal corporation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. A type of company, a legal entity where the ownership has been arranged into shares. A shareholder has no responsibilities to the company and the potential losses of the shareholder are limited to the value of the stock turning to zero in the case of a bankruptcy.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of incorporate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. United or combined together to form in one body.
- adj. Formed into a corporation and registered with a government body as such; made a legal entity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. formed or united into a whole
- adj. organized and maintained as a legal corporation
- adj. introduced into as a part of the whole
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The first is a U. K.-incorporated company with a primary listing on the main market of the London Stock Exchange, the second also has a primary listing on the LSE but is incorporated overseas, while the third has listed global depositary receipts on the same market.
The religion that was founded by Manes or Manis and that bears his name incorporated this duality of divinities into an amalgam that looked to Zoroaster, Buddha, and Jesus as its major prophets and that spread through the ancient world as a very influential sect of Christianity.
The title incorporated elements of driving and third person shooter games while offering "open world" gameplay which gave the player the option to do as they pleased.
The ballot measure would prohibit future and existing medical marijuana businesses in incorporated El Paso County.
Designed softly to accent the minimal color from the choices in incorporated artwork and furniture, the Villa easily walks a fine line between a comfortable, elegant family living space and structural accent specific to Mediterranean-designed homes.
[UPDATE: Meant to include this paragraph, but then completely forgot; thanks to David Gerstman (Soccer Dad) for the reminder:] I think this ordinance is also applicable in incorporated towns or cities in the County, since Montgomery County is the same sort of art.
"For example, Britain incorporated fuses in the appliance plug instead of the wiring system because of a shortage of copper at the time"
For example, Britain incorporated fuses in the appliance plug instead of the wiring system because of a shortage of copper at the time.
The butter factory, recently incorporated, is one of the manufacturing enterprises which flourish, and for the past twenty-five years Etna has not been behind her neighboring villages in mercantile enterprise or in the educational advantages furnished by her excellent school.
And, in a clever twist, several of the stories in this anthology title incorporated the bullet hole into their narratives.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.