American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not digested; undigested: indigested food.
- adj. Archaic Not carefully thought over or considered.
- adj. Archaic Formless or shapeless.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not digested in the stomach; not changed or prepared for nourishing the body; undigested; crude.
- Not regularly disposed or arranged; not reduced to form and method; mentally crude: as, an indigested scheme.
- In pharmacy, not digested; not prepared or softened with the aid of heat, as chemical substances.
- In medicine, not advanced to suppuration: as, an indigested wound.
- adj. Not digested; undigested
- adj. Not resolved; not regularly disposed and arranged; not methodical; crude.
- adj. medicine, obsolete Not in a state suitable for healing; said of wounds.
- adj. medicine, obsolete Not ripened or suppurated; said of an abscess or its contents.
- adj. Not softened by heat, hot water, or steam.
GNU Webster's 1913
- in- + digested (Wiktionary)
“But Joe said that that look didn't work on my face, I just look indigested.”
“And I hope you will take as an instance of it, my cheerful obedience to your commands, in writing to so fine a judge, such crude and indigested stuff, as, otherwise I ought to be ashamed to lay before you.”
“Yet I cannot say that I am; I only lay several things together in my usual indigested way, to take your opinion upon, which, as it ought, will be always decisive with me.”
“Ovid, in his Metamorphoses, described Chaos as "rather a crude and indigested mass, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, of jarring seeds and justly Chaos named". previous - next”
“When we behold the sun through a humid air and a great quantity of gross and indigested vapors, we see it not clear and bright, but obscure and cloudy, and with glimmering beams.”
“The creation of the indigested mass called heaven and earth, in the first verse, was apparently -- though not really -- without the Word, inasmuch as the Word is not mentioned.”
“At the end of a week during which Canada has sent to China one of the largest ever commercial and diplomatic missions, you are all either likely to be expert -- in which case you will have no need of any myth-breaking thoughts from me -- or deeply indigested by the subject of China -- in which case I am likely to give you even severer heartburn.”
“Such vague and multifarious reading could not teach me to think, to write, or to act; and the only principle that darted a ray of light into the indigested chaos, was an early and rational application to the order of time and place.”
“Ararat, he saw only a great ruin of “wild, vast and indigested Heaps of Stone and Earth.””
“Paragraph, was thrown upon me, and such was the Opposition, and so indigested were the notions of Liberty prevalent among the Majority of the Members most zealously attached to the public Cause, that to this day I scarcely know how it was possible, that these Articles could be carried.”
‘indigested’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for indigested.