from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, situated in, or intended for use in the interior of a building: an indoor pool; indoor paint.
- adj. Carried on within doors: an indoor party; indoor gardening.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Situated in, or designed to be used in, or carried on within the interior of a building.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Done or being within doors; within a house or institution; domestic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated, carried on, performed, employed, etc., within doors, and not in the open air: as, an indoor service.
- Downward (into the cylinder): as, the indoor stroke of the piston of a Cornish engine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. located, suited for, or taking place within a building
- adj. within doors
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I was the living definition of the term indoor kid.
Even if the phrase indoor sports harbors a contradiction—really, exercise should go with fresh air and connect us back to when, as a species, exercise wasn’t an optional extra—this all-weather benefit is key because, by removing the meteorological hazard, it acknowledges that desire for personal control and enables it.
-- The term indoor tanning service means a service employing any electronic product designed to incorporate 1 or more ultraviolet lamps and intended for the irradiation of an individual by ultraviolet radiation, with wavelengths in air between 200 and 400 nanometers, to induce skin tanning. "
This type of weather makes me wish my son was interested in indoor activities like drawing or baking or dress-up.
In one instant I went from being on top of the world with a rain stick store to the bottom of a well that I called my indoor swimming pool.
He envisions growing crops in indoor areas more concentrated than farm fields, and herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers wouldn't be used.
Smoking in indoor public spaces including public working place, public transportation vehicles and some other special outdoor working spaces will all be banned from January 2011, chinanews. com.cn reported Monday.
BEIJING Karch Kiraly once set the volleyball bar so high that no one has been able to clear it, winning three Olympic gold medals, two in indoor and one in beach.
Inclement Scottish weather meant he was reared on indoor courts near to his Dunblane home and won his first ever title indoor at San Jose nearly five years ago.
How about a movie about an angry Austrian bicycle racer who learns that life is about more than competing on in indoor track: Mad Max, Beyond Belodrome
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.