from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being informal.
- n. An informal act.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being informal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being informal; lack of regular, prescribed, or customary form.
- n. An informal, unconventional, or unofficial act or proceeding; something which is not in proper or prescribed form or does not conform to the established rule.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being informal; want of regular or customary form; an informal act or procedure: as, the informality of legal proceedings may render them void.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a manner that does not take forms and ceremonies seriously
- n. freedom from constraint or embarrassment
Sorry, no etymologies found.