from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not in harmony; discordant.
- adj. Not in accord or agreement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not in harmony; discordant
- adj. Lacking accord or agreement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not harmonious; unmusical; discordant; dissonant.
- adj. Conflicting; jarring; not in harmony.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not harmonious in sound; destitute of musical harmony; discordant: as, inharmonious voices; inharmonious verse.
- Not harmonious in sentiment, action, or relation; disagreeing; conflicting: as, inharmonious proceedings; inharmonious colors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not in harmony
- adj. lacking in harmony of parts
Or probably there may exist 'cross magnetism, 'that is to say the inharmonious magnetism of different members who are antagonistic to each other.
Almost every hour of my deck-watches I listen to this infernal din, and am maddened into desire to join with Mr. Pike in a night attack and put these rebellious and inharmonious slaves to work.
His song will always contain the inharmonious door slam of the refrain.
This inharmonious relationship significantly slowed the progress of scientific discoveries and advancements, compelling scientists to work in secret out of fear of the.
The band performance was an exercise in discipline for the audience, which tried desperately to refrain from open laughter at the inharmonious renditions of several tunes that neither Athen nor Quentin could identify.
From the parlor at the left came the strains of giddy, inharmonious music, laughter, and a medley of voices.
In what is, by now, a familiar Budget-time story, Alistair Darling is fighting the good fight against some of Brown's most inharmonious fiscal brainwaves.
So Darling strikes a different (if not deliberately inharmonious) note from No. 10.
The paradoxically beautiful, seamless 30 year survey of his work at the Guggenheim catches many of our inharmonious country's discontents and refracts them back to us.
Next, commit yourself to stepping out of any destructive dramas that emerge to create and feed inharmonious energy, much in the same way that you've committed yourself to protecting your body from re-accumulating waste from unfit foods.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.