Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not salutary; not favorable to health or soundness; unwholesome.
- Not safe; not tending to safety; productive of evil.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not salutary or wholesome; unfavorable to health.
- adj. Not tending to safety; productive of evil.
- Latin insaluteris : compare French insalutaire. See in- not, and salutary. (Wiktionary)
“In modern times the moon is no less the deity of insalutary disaster.”
“Languor and inertia are the insalutary viands upon which it delights to satiate its morbid appetite; and "from bad to worse" is the ill-omened motto under which, in all its feeble efforts and achievements, it ekes out a most miserable and deleterious existence.”
“Nor could so experienced a leader of mankind be insensible of those often not insalutary consequences of a free state in the changing humours of a wide democracy -- their impatience at pecuniary demands -- their quick and sometimes uncharitable apprehensions of the motives of their advisers.”
“The garden of Academus is flowery without fragrance, and dazzling without warmth: I am ready to dream away an hour in it after dinner, but I think it insalutary for a night's repose.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘insalutary’.
Adjectives meaning unhealthful, unhealthy or unwholesome
Looking for tweets for insalutary.