from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Archaic To invoke.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To invoke or implore
- v. To summon or conjure up
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To invoke; to call on, or for, in supplication; to implore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To call on or for in supplication; invoke.
- To call as in supplication.
Latin invocāre, invocāt-, to invoke; see invoke.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin invocare; invocatus, past participle of invocare. See invoke. (Wiktionary)