American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A variety of sandstone that is flexible when cut into thin slabs.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fine-grained, quartzose, talcomicaceous slate, an important member of the gold-bearing formation of Brazil. In thin slabs it is sometimes more or less flexible.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Min.) A laminated, granular, siliceous rocks, often occurring in regions where the diamond is found.
- Itacolumi + -ite (Wiktionary)
- After Itacolumi (Itacolomi), a mountain of east-central Brazil. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“It is possible that the sandstone may afford precious stones like the itacolumite of the Brazil”
“In the Brazils, in the diamond district of Minas Geraes and St. Paul, which has recently been so accurately investigated by Clausen, Plutonic action has developed in dioritic veins sometimes ordinary mica, and sometimes specular iron in quartzose itacolumite.”
“It is possible that the sandstone may afford precious stones like the itacolumite of the Brazil ( "Highlands of the Brazil," i.”
‘itacolumite’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for itacolumite.