from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A keyboard machine that is used to punch holes in cards or tapes for data-processing systems.
- transitive v. To process on or use such a keyboard machine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device, in which one or a combination of keys are pressed to punch holes in punched cards or paper tape that correspond to a particular character
- n. an electric machine with a keyboard that has the same function
- v. To use such a device or machine
Sorry, no etymologies found.