from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Reaching as high as the knees: knee-deep floodwaters.
- adj. Submerged to the knees: was knee-deep in mud.
- adj. Deeply occupied or involved: is knee-deep in work.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Reaching up to the knees.
- adj. Submerged to the knees.
- adj. Deeply involved in something, or preoccupied with something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rising to the knees; knee-high.
- adj. Sunk to the knees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rising to the knees: as, the snow lay knee-deep.
- Sunk to the knees: as, wading knee-deep in water or mire.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. coming only to the ankle or knee
- adv. up to the knees
Sorry, no etymologies found.