from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To complain persistently and whiningly.
- n. A chronic, whining complainer.
- n. A nagging complaint: "a rambling kvetch against the system” ( Leonard Ross).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Person who endlessly whines or complains.
- n. Person who finds fault with anything.
- adj. Describing a kvetch or kvetcher.
- v. To whine or complain, often needlessly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Yiddish) a constant complainer
- v. express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness
- n. (Yiddish) a nagging complaint
Yiddish kvetshn, to squeeze, complain, from Middle High German quetzen, quetschen, to squeeze.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Yiddish קוועטשן (kvetshn), from German Quetsche ("crusher, presser"), from quetschen ("crush, press"). (Wiktionary)