from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that lags; a straggler.
- adj. Hanging back or falling behind; dilatory. See Synonyms at slow.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Hanging back; loitering.
- n. One who lags behind and takes more time than is necessary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Slow; sluggish; backward.
- n. One who lags; a loiterer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Slow; sluggish; backward.
- n. One who lags; a loiterer; a lazy, slack fellow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who takes more time than necessary; someone who lags behind
- adj. wasting time
From lag + -ard. (Wiktionary)