from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The downward sliding of a relatively dry mass of earth and rock.
- n. The mass that slides. Also called landslip.
- n. An overwhelming majority of votes for a political party or candidate.
- n. An election that sweeps a party or candidate into office.
- n. A great victory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A natural disaster that involves the breakup and downhill flow of rock, mud, water and anything caught in the path.
- n. A vote won by a wide or overwhelming majority.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The slipping down of a mass of land from a mountain, hill, etc.
- n. The land which slips down.
- n. An election victory in which the winning candidate receives a substantial majority of the votes, usually meaning at least ten per cent more than any opposing candidate.
- n. Any overwhelming victory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A falling or sliding down of a mass of soil, detritus, or rock on a mountain-side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an overwhelming electoral victory
- n. a slide of a large mass of dirt and rock down a mountain or cliff
From land + slide. (Wiktionary)