from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The part of a garment, such as a coat or jacket, that is an extension of the collar and folds back against the breast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Each of the two triangular pieces of cloth on a suit which are folded back below the throat, leaving a triangular opening between.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That part of a garment which is turned back; specifically, the lap, or fold, of the front of a coat in continuation of collar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A part of a garment which laps over another part, or which is turned over and folded back, either permanent or adjustable, as for buttoning and unbuttoning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lap at the front of a coat; continuation of the coat collar
From lap1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)