from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A departure or farewell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of saying goodbye.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Taking of leave; the act of departing politely; the giving of parting compliments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The taking of leave; parting speech; farewell salutation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of departing politely
Sorry, no etymologies found.