from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To create or pass laws.
- transitive v. To create or bring about by or as if by legislation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To pass laws (including the amending or repeal of existing laws).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To make or enact a law or laws.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To act upon or effect by means of legislation; determine by enactment: as, to legislate a man out of office (as by abolishing the office or changing its tenure); to legislate a corporation into existence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make laws, bills, etc. or bring into effect by legislation
Back-formation from legislator.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Back formation from legislation, legislator. (Wiktionary)