from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of land having a value of one pound per year
- v. To oscillate (like the beam of a balance)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To vibrate as a balance does before resting in equilibrium; hence, to be poised.
- transitive v. To poise; to balance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To hold in equipoise; poise; balance.
- To move as a balance; be poised.
- n. Land of the annual value of one pound.
- n. A piece of land containing 4 oxgangs of 13 acres each.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. vibrate before coming to a total rest
- v. determine the weight of
Sorry, no etymologies found.