American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The history of changes undergone by an organism from inception or conception to death.
- n. The developmental history of an individual or a group in society.
- n. an investigation into the details and activities of a person during his/her lifetime; one's background.
- n. medicine Information concerning a person's diseases and medical disorders suffered during his lifetime; especially useful if the disorders are genetic.
- n. the general progression of your working or professional life
- n. an account of the series of events making up a person's life
“Were we to follow up this history we could unearth the full life history of this patient, including the genesis of his early attack of aphonia.”
“Although Dr. Hall did not know my personal life history in this regard, I had direct personal familiarity with spiritual healing and the purported therapeutic effects of ancestors and other spiritual beings.”
“But my remarks are equally applicable to a mentally disturbed individual's life history and to the genesis of abnormal psychic states, particularly those to be met with in the neuroses and psychoneuroses.”
“Metchnikoff attributes the pessimistic temper to a somewhat similar period in the life history of the individual, viz.: — that of the transition from the enthusiasm of youth to the calmer and more settled outlook of maturity.”
“In fact, one could ferret out the full life history in great detail, thus obtaining a complete autobiography leading far down into the depths of the dreamer's mental life and into the inner world of his own.”
“Jung's, Prince's and other methods may be advantageously employed, still, it seems to me, although I cannot yet state this in final or positive terms, that, at least in most cases, such an unravelment and resurrection of the past life history can be obtained by an analysis of the dream conducted in the ordinary, waking state, and the usual conversational mode of history-taking and daily oral intercourse.”
“The astrolo - gers could and did reply to the first point that the stars are only one factor in determining the life history of any particular individual (cf. especially Bardesanes), and to the second that they could obtain a good enough approximation to the true situation of the heavens at the time of a native's birth to make their predictions useful.”
‘life history’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for life history.