from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of dog kept on a lead; a bloodhound; a mongrel.
- n. Someone who limes; someone who uses bird-lime or who limewashes.
- n. Someone who hangs around the streets; someone hanging out.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A limehound; a limmer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Middle English forms of limmer.
From Anglo-Norman limer ( = Old French liemier, French limier), from Old French liem ("leash"). (Wiktionary)
to lime + -er. (Wiktionary)
Origin unknown. (Wiktionary)