American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A substance, such as grease or oil, that reduces friction when applied as a surface coating to moving parts.
- n. One that helps reduce difficulty or conflict.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any natural or artificial material that may be used to lubricate the rubbing surfaces of machinery, in order to lessen their friction upon each other. Natural non-volatile oils and greases are the typical lubricants; but the variety of materials and compounds used is very great, including some metallic alloys.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Lubricating.
- n. That which lubricates; specifically, a substance, as oil, grease, graphite, etc., used for reducing the friction of the working parts of machinery.
- n. a substance capable of reducing friction by making surfaces smooth or slippery
“We turn that into liquid form and use nanotechnology to have it perform in lubricant format," explained company CEO Jeff Marshall.”
“Plus, using a lubricant is helpful when having sex.”
“These are extraordinary times and I think the markets are under distress and we act as I described as a lubricant between investors and issuers.”
“Claim 1 - "A method of lubricating a micro machine comprising the step of applying a lubricant to the micro machine wherein the lubricant is a compound having a permanent electric dipole moment.”
“The conditions of pressure which may lead to solid friction in the machine here automatically call the lubricant into existence.”
“Acclaimed by those for whom a lubricant is an adjunct to pleasure, and for whom a lubricant is a necessity for health reasons: menopausal women, post-chemo patients, post-hysterectomy patients, users of certain medications, allergy sufferers, breast-feeding mothers and so on.”
“What kind of lubricant to you prefer to use on your firearms??”
“No! Not the divine music composer I am relieved to say, but just the president and CEO of WD-40, a lubricant which is useless for sex.”
“Not the divine music composer I am relieved to say, but just the president and CEO of WD-40, a lubricant which is useless for sex.”
“If you remove the green jello they call "lubricant" and replace it with Phil's grease and adjust them so that they're loose to the feel they will compress when you actually put them in the frame and you won't crush the balls.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lubricant’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Anything related to cycling; no motorcycling, please.
my words. my mind. my gosh.
try not to enjoy it too much.
Significant Words- Guiding you on your path to Snazzibility
I love words, especially the ones I make up with my friends.
Hecko, words! Thanks for staying with me. :-)
performing an act; person who performs; impersonal physical agent
Some make me cry, some make me mad, some sound nasty, some, well, you get the idea.
Words that are ugly, overused, and/or sound cheap. Words that have an awkward motion. Words that give me the same reaction as watching To Catch A Predator.
Looking for tweets for lubricant.