from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of dish containing a mixture of many types of fruits, or many types of vegetables.
- n. A confused mixture; medley.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of mixed dish, as of cooked vegetables with white sauce, sweet jelly with whole fruit, mixed diced fruits or vegetables etc.; served hot or cold
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mold of jolly containing a mixture of fruits; also, a mixture of vegetables served as a garnish to meat or, with a sauce, as a vegetable dish or as a salad.
- n. Hence, figuratively, any mixture of unrelated things.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mixed diced fruits or vegetables; hot or cold
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.