from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A commissioned rank in the U.S. Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps that is above brigadier general and below lieutenant general.
- n. One who holds this rank.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A military officer in the armies of most nations, typically ranking below a lieutenant general and above a brigadier.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- An officer of the army holding a rank next above that of brigadier general and next below that of lieutenant general, and who usually commands a division or a corps.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A military officer next in rank below a lieutenant-general.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a general officer ranking above a brigadier general and below a lieutenant general
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.