American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A soluble powder made of dried milk, malted barley, and wheat flour.
- n. A beverage made by mixing milk with this powder and adding ice cream and flavoring. Also called malt, malted.
- n. A powder made by mixing malted barley, flour and milk, the mixture then being dried by evaporation; initially developed as a nutritional supplement, later used as a flavouring.
- n. US, Australia A milkshake with malted milk powder added for flavour, a malted.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A milkshake made with malt powder; also called simply a
- n. A powder made of dried milk and malted cereals.
- n. powder made of dried milk and malted cereals
- n. a milkshake made with malt powder
“We ate the cheese and malted milk in the packages-even when they had maggots in them.”
“Another sadly crippled old woman, the widow of a sea captain, although living almost exclusively upon malted milk tablets as affording a cheap form of prepared food, was always eager to talk of the beautiful illuminated manuscripts she had sought out in her travels and to show specimens of her own work as an illumi -”
“Oh, what I would give for a crushed-ice strawberry daiquiri, a margarita, a malted milk shake, a tall glass of grapefruit juice, a cold bottle of Budweiser.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘malted milk’.
Names used for Behr Paints in spring of 2008. I'm curious to see if Behr gives the same colors different names in other years, so I've tagged each color with its Behr product number. It turns out t...
Looking for tweets for malted milk.