from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A trap set to catch trespassers or poachers.
- n. Slang A woman considered dangerously seductive and scheming.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any device used to physically entrap humans
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A trap for catching trespassers.
- n. A dangerous place, as an open hatch, into which one may fall.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A spring-trap or other engine for catching trespassers and marauders.
- n. Anything, such as an open hatchway on shipboard, or an insecure building, ladder, etc., likely to become the cause of injury or death to the unwary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a trap for catching trespassers
- n. a very attractive or seductive looking woman
Sorry, no etymologies found.