from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hairstyle characterized by deep regular waves made by a heated curling iron.
- transitive v. To style (the hair) with deep regular waves, using a curling iron.
- intransitive v. To make such a hairstyle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hairstyle characterized by deep waves made by a curling iron.
- n. A marcel wave.
- v. To wave hair by the marcel method.
- v. (figuratively) To wave; as, marcelled potato crisps.
- adj. Of, producing, or related to marcel waves.
After Marcel Grateau (1852-1936), French hairdresser.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)