from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hairstyle characterized by deep regular waves made by a heated curling iron.
- transitive v. To style (the hair) with deep regular waves, using a curling iron.
- intransitive v. To make such a hairstyle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hairstyle characterized by deep waves made by a curling iron.
- n. A marcel wave.
- v. To wave hair by the marcel method.
- v. (figuratively) To wave; as, marcelled potato crisps.
- adj. Of, producing, or related to marcel waves.
FRAME Long Weekend (1988) 121 Her thinning grey hair had been finger set in marcel waves.
Note 1: process head, refers to the "marcel" hairstyle of deep waves made with a curling iron.
Europa, meanwhile, marcel-waved and flat-chested, faces the rear: legs crossed, back straight, in other words sitting in the attitude of stylish nonchalance one might associate with cinematic comedies of the 1930s.
Many a beautiful marcel was sacrificed to save a masterpiece of millinery.
I. .called Sonny for an appointment; I had to have a marcel!
Filed under: inspirations | Tags: bruce nauman, crochet art, crochet urinal, fountain, marcel duchamp, nathaniel vincent, sherrie levine
Origins: My Five Best Sci-Fi Movies andrew lloyd webber, birthday, birthdays, born on this date, born on this day, Karl Malden, louis l'amour, marcel marceau, william shatner
The chattering class has enough voters that they control the balance of power now, big mistake Stevie Longnose. 3rd strike in your quest for a majority. comming up. marcel says:
Myra let in Sima, dressed in a 1940's women's style blouse and skirt, her hair somehow tamed into a marcel wave.
Marci @ October 3rd, 2007 at 9: 58 pm marcel and then hung? barf. i mean foam.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.