from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Orders to move on or depart.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Instructions for action.
- n. Dismissal: an instruction to leave.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (informal) a notice of dismissal or discharge
- n. an order from a superior officer for troops to depart
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.