from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A spotted Central and South American wildcat (Felis wiedi) resembling a small, long-tailed ocelot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Leopardus wiedii, a spotted cat native to Central and South America..
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small American wild cat (Felis wiedi syn. Felis tigrina), ranging from Mexico to Brazil. It is spotted with black. Called also long-tailed cat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A South American tiger-cat, Felis tigrina, or F. margay; also, some related species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small spotted wildcat found from Texas to Brazil
French, from Portuguese maracajá, from Tupi.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Tupian marakaya via Portuguese. (Wiktionary)